Finance Managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the financial and accounting activities within organisations. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating budgetary and accounting strategies, policies and plans in consultation with other Managers
- providing financial information and interpreting the implications for business performance and funding needs
- coordinating the development, implementation and monitoring of accounting systems
- directing the preparation of financial reports summarising and forecasting the organisation's financial position such as income statements, balance sheets and analyses of future earnings and income
- assessing capital finance proposals and the financial status of operational projects
- advising on investment strategies, sources of funds and the distribution of earnings
- delivering long range profit forecasts, budgeting and financial reporting
- ensuring compliance with financial legislation and standards