Music Professionals write, arrange, orchestrate, conduct and perform musical compositions. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- creating melodic, harmonic and rhythmic structures to express ideas and emotions in musical form
- translating ideas and concepts into standard musical signs and symbols for reproduction and performance
- undertaking research and liaising with clients when composing musical backing for television commercials, popular recordings, and radio, television and film productions
- auditioning and selecting musicians and Singers
- selecting music for performances and assigning instrumental parts to musicians
- directing musical groups at rehearsals and performances to achieve desired effects such as tonal and harmonic balance, rhythm and tempo
- studying and rehearsing repertoire and musical scores prior to performances
- playing music in recital, as an accompanist, or as a member of an orchestra, band or other musical group, from score and by memory
- performing music and songs according to interpretation, direction and style of presentation, using highly developed aural skills to reproduce music
- Music Director
- Musician (Instrumental)
- Music Professionals