Public Relations Professionals plan, develop, implement and evaluate information and communication strategies that create an understanding and a favourable view of organisations, their goods and services, and their role in the community. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- planning and organising publicity campaigns and communication strategies
- advising executives on the public relations implications of their policies, programs and practices
- preparing and controlling the issue of news and press releases
- undertaking and commissioning public opinion research, analysing the findings and planning public relations and promotional campaigns
- organising special events, seminars, entertainment, competitions and social functions to promote goodwill and favourable publicity
- representing organisations and arranging executive interviews with publicity media
- attending business, social and other functions to promote the organisation
- commissioning and obtaining photographs and other illustrative material
- selecting, appraising and revising material submitted by publicity writers, Photographers, Illustrators and others to create favourable publicity
- Public Relations Professional