This unit group covers Engineering Professionals not elsewhere classified. It includes Aeronautical Engineers, Agricultural Engineers, Biomedical Engineers, Engineering Technologists, Environmental Engineers and Naval Architects (Aus) / Marine Designers (NZ). The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- performs and supervises engineering work concerned with the design, development, manufacture, maintenance and modification of aircraft for flight
- performs and supervises engineering work related to the use and development of agricultural land, buildings, machines and equipment
- applies knowledge and methodology of physics, engineering, mathematics, computing, physical chemistry and materials science to problems in biology and the treatment and prevention of human disease
- analyses and modifies new and existing engineering technologies and applies them in the testing and implementation of engineering projects
- assesses the impact on air, water, soil and noise levels in the vicinity of engineering projects, plans and designs equipment and processes for the treatment and safe disposal of waste material, and assesses what may cause problems for the environment in the long-term. Registration or licensing is required
- designs and oversees the construction and repair of marine craft and floating structures
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Agricultural Engineer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Engineering Technologist
- Environmental Engineer
- Naval Architect
- Engineering Professionals