Psychologists investigate, assess and provide treatment and counselling to foster optimal personal, social, educational and occupational adjustment and development. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- collecting data about clients and assessing their cognitive, behavioural and emotional disorders
- administering and interpreting diagnostic tests and formulating plans for treatment
- developing, administering and evaluating individual and group treatment programs
- consulting with other professionals on details of cases and treatment plans
- conducting research studies of motivation in learning, group performance and individual differences in mental abilities and educational performance
- collecting data and analysing characteristics of students and recommending educational programs
- formulating achievement, diagnostic and predictive tests for use by teachers in planning methods and content of instruction
- developing interview techniques, psychological tests and other aids in workplace selection, placement, appraisal and promotion
- conducting surveys and research studies on job design, work groups, morale, motivation, supervision and management
- performing job analyses and establishing job requirements by observing and interviewing employees and managers
- Clinical Psychologist
- Educational Psychologist
- Organisational Psychologist