Bookkeepers maintain and evaluate records of financial transactions in account books and computerised accounting systems. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- keeping financial records, and maintaining and balancing accounts using manual and computerised systems
- monitoring cash flow and lines of credit
- preparing and producing financial statements, budget and expenditure reports and analyses using account books, ledgers and accounting software packages
- preparing invoices, purchase orders and bank deposits
- reconciling accounts against monthly bank statements
- verifying recorded transactions and reporting irregularities to management
- may be required to prepare forms reporting business tax entitlements and obligations such as the amount of goods and services tax paid and collected