Advertising and Sales Managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate advertising, public relations, sales and marketing activities within organisations. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- formulating and implementing policies and plans for advertising, public relations, sales and marketing in consultation with other Managers
- directing the development of initiatives for new products, marketing and advertising campaigns
- organising and controlling sales activities by setting product mix, geographical sales areas and customer service standards
- directing merchandising methods and distribution policy by coordinating the work of salespersons, and organising agents and distributors
- directing sales methods and arrangements by setting prices and credit arrangements
- Advertising and Public Relations Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager