Engineering Managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the engineering and technical operations of organisations. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining, implementing and monitoring engineering strategies, policies and plans
- interpreting plans, drawings and specifications, and providing advice on engineering methods and procedures to achieve construction and production requirements
- establishing project schedules and budgets
- ensuring conformity with specifications and plans, and with laws, regulations and safety standards
- ensuring engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness and performance are observed
- overseeing maintenance requirements to optimise efficiency
- liaising with marketing, research and manufacturing managers regarding engineering aspects of new construction and product design
- may contribute to research and development projects