Production Managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the production activities of forestry, manufacturing and mining organisations including physical and human resources. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining, implementing and monitoring production strategies, policies and plans
- planning details of production activities in terms of output quality and quantity, cost, time available and labour requirements
- controlling the operation of production plant and quality procedures through planning of maintenance, designation of operating hours and supply of parts and tools
- monitoring production output and costs, and adjusting processes and resources to minimise costs
- informing other Managers about production matters
- overseeing the acquisition and installation of new plant and equipment
- directing research into production methods, and recommending and implementing initiatives
- controlling the preparation of production records and reports
- coordinating the implementation of occupational health and safety requirements
- directing staff activities and monitoring their performance
- Production Manager (Forestry)
- Production Manager (Manufacturing)
- Production Manager (Mining)