Supply and Distribution Managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the supply, storage and distribution of goods produced by organisations. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining, implementing and monitoring purchasing, storage and distribution strategies, policies and plans
- preparing and implementing plans to maintain required stock levels at minimum cost
- negotiating contracts with suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements
- monitoring and reviewing storage and inventory systems to meet supply requirements and control stock levels
- operating recording systems to track all movements of supplies and finished goods, and ensuring re-ordering and re-stocking at optimal times
- liaising with other departments and customers concerning requirements for outward goods and associated forwarding transportation
- overseeing the recording of purchase, storage and distribution transactions
- directing staff activities and monitoring their performance
- Supply and Distribution Manager