Commissioned Officers (Management) provide high level management to support the running of organisational, geographical and operational units and sections within the defence forces and fire and police services. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- establishing administrative and operational procedures by taking account of the organisation's operating environment
- making policy decisions and accepting responsibility for operations, performance of staff, achievement of targets and adherence to budgets, standards and procedures
- establishing lines of control and delegating responsibilities to subordinate staff
- representing the organisation in dealings with other organisations and the public
- controlling the collection and interpretation of management information to monitor performance
- controlling the use of, and accounting for, the assets and facilities of the organisation
- preparing budgets and other management plans
- preparing reports, authorising the release of information, and handling public relations activities
- Commissioned Defence Force Officer
- Commissioned Fire Officer
- Commissioned Police Officer