Transport Services Managers organise and control the buying and selling of vehicles for rental agencies and coordinates the leasing of vehicles, the operations of railway stations, and the operations of enterprises that operate fleets of vehicles to transport goods and passengers. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- organising the purchase and maintenance of transport vehicles, equipment and fuel
- liaising with clients to determine requirements and providing customers with advice and information regarding vehicle type, purchase or hire rates and obligations and handling complaints
- receiving orders and bookings, and planning and implementing transportation schedules
- ensuring goods are stored and transported in conditions that will maintain their quality
- arranging collection and delivery of vehicles and goods
- maintaining business records and preparing operational statements and reports
- coordinating activities associated with the arrival, departure, loading and unloading of trains
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- Fleet Manager
- Railway Station Manager
- Transport Company Manager