Actors, Dancers and Other Entertainers entertain by portraying roles in productions, performing and composing dances, and performing a variety of other acts. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- reading scripts and undertaking research to gain understanding of parts, themes and characterisations
- learning lines and cues, rehearsing parts, and applying vocal and movement skills to the development of characterisation
- preparing for performances through rehearsals under the instruction and guidance of production directors
- acting parts and portraying roles as developed in rehearsals in film, television, radio and stage productions
- practising dance routines and interpreting the choreographic content of the production
- performing dances for audience entertainment, coordinating body movements and facial expression, usually with musical accompaniment
- composing and notating ballet compositions and other dance routines
- creating and performing individual performance routines
- rehearsing, auditioning and travelling between entertainment venues
- Dancer or Choreographer
- Entertainer or Variety Artist
- Actors, Dancers and Other Entertainers