Artistic Directors, Media Producers & Presenters plan, administer and review activities concerned with producing artistic media, determine artistic policies for performing arts organisations, prepare and present news, sports and other information, and conduct interviews and introduce music, performances and special events on radio and television. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- managing artistic and media productions to meet quality, cost and timing specifications
- formulating and developing organisations' artistic policies and selecting and planning organisations' artistic programs
- hiring and managing artistic staff
- controlling the use of media production facilities such as studios and editing equipment, stage and film equipment and rehearsal time
- directing the formulation of media production strategies, policies and plans
- introducing programs, music, entertainment items, guests and celebrities
- preparing and reading news bulletins, making special announcements and providing commentary for sports and other events
- presenting opinions on sports, politics, and social and economic matters
- researching, investigating and compiling stories and programs
- Artistic Director
- Media Producer (excluding Video)
- Radio Presenter
- Television Presenter