Financial Dealers conduct financial market transactions on behalf of clients. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- obtaining information on securities, market conditions, government regulations and financial circumstances of clients
- interpreting data from securities reports, financial periodicals and stock-quotation viewer screens
- analysing financial markets and financial market products
- providing information and offering advice on financial market matters, market conditions and the history and prospects of corporations
- executing buy and sell orders in the market place on behalf of clients
- relaying trade information to clients such as the number of contracts bought and sold and the price
- monitoring futures prices and market changes, and bidding for commodity futures contracts
- recording and transmitting buy and sell orders
- calculating and recording costs of transactions
- Financial Market Dealer
- Futures Trader
- Stockbroking Dealer
- Financial Dealers