Financial Investment Advisers and Managers develop financial plans for individuals and organisations, and invest and manage funds on their behalf. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- interviewing prospective clients to determine financial status and objectives, discussing financial options and developing financial plans and investment strategies
- monitoring investment performance, and reviewing and revising investment plans based on modified needs and changes in markets
- recommending and arranging insurance cover for clients
- arranging to buy and sell stocks and bonds for clients
- advising on investment strategies, sources of funds and the distribution of earnings
- setting financial objectives, and developing and implementing strategies for achieving the financial objectives
- managing funds raised from personal superannuation savings policies and unit trusts
- assisting in meeting superannuation compliance requirements
- directing the collection of financial, accounting and investment information and the preparation of budgets, reports, forecasts and statutory returns
- may refer clients to other organisations to obtain services outlined in financial plans
- Financial Investment Adviser
- Financial Investment Manager