This unit group covers Information and Organisation Professionals not elsewhere classified. It includes Electorate Officers, Liaison Officers, Migration Agents (Aus) - Immigration Consultants (NZ) and Patents Examiners. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- manages the electorate office of a politician, and liaises with constituents and the media on their behalf
- establishes and facilitates communication between different community groups, organisations and governments
- provides information and advice to potential migrants, prepares and lodges visa applications, and acts as an intermediary to legally represent clients during visa processing and before review bodies liaises with legal professionals in relation to judicial review matters. Registration or licensing may be required
- investigates and reports on patent applications to assess their compliance with the requirements of the patents act
- Electorate Officer
- Liaison Officer
- Migration Agent
- Patents Examiner
- Information and Organisation Professionals