ICT Sales Professionals manage client accounts and represent companies in selling a range of computer hardware, software and other ICT goods and services to industrial, business, professional and other organisations. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- compiling lists of prospective client businesses using trade directories and other sources
- acquiring and updating knowledge of employer's and competitors' goods and services, and market conditions
- visiting regular and prospective client businesses to establish and act on selling opportunities
- assessing customers' needs and explaining the goods and services which meet their needs
- promoting employers' ICT goods and services to existing and prospective clients
- quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, and completing contracts and recording orders
- arranging delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services
- reporting to sales management on sales made and the marketability of ICT goods and services
- following up with clients to ensure satisfaction with ICT goods and services purchased, arranging modifications and resolving any problems arising
- preparing sales reports, and maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred
- ICT Account Manager
- ICT Business Development Manager
- ICT Sales Representative