Education Advisers and Reviewers conduct educational research, develop course curricula and associated teaching materials for use by educational institutions, and review and examine the work of teachers and the results from curriculum programs in school settings. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- consulting with teachers, principals and administrative officials of educational institutions to coordinate educational programs and provide advice
- identifying and evaluating developments in education by conducting research into educational systems
- serving on committees to identify present and future needs within the educational system, and planning, developing and modifying facilities and programs
- documenting subjects and courses developed, and evaluating new courses
- organising and conducting workshops and conferences to train teachers in new programs and methods
- applying knowledge of learning processes and school structures to develop operational and training programs, and submitting them for decision and funding
- visiting schools and observing teachers in the classroom, noting pupil response, motivation and teaching techniques
- discussing programs, records and teachers with School Principals to record academic performance of schools, welfare of pupils and performance of individual teachers
- making suggestions to government officials about improvements to educational facilities, equipment, buildings and staff to ensure continued standards of education
- Education Adviser
- Education Reviewer