Electronic Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians assist in electronic engineering research, design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation and maintenance of equipment, facilities and distribution systems. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing drawings, plans and diagrams for electronic engineering work
- developing, constructing and testing electronic equipment and associated circuitry in accordance with technical manuals and instructions of Electronics Engineers and Engineering Technologists
- performing tests, graphing results, preparing charts and tabulations
- estimating material costs and quantities
- evaluating performance of equipment
- inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications, drawings, contracts and regulations
- installing, testing, repairing and modifying electronic equipment
- Electronic Engineering Draftsperson
- Electronic Engineering Technician