This unit group covers Building and Engineering Technicians not elsewhere classified. It includes Maintenance Planners, Metallurgical or Materials Technicians, and Mine Deputies. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- develops maintenance planning strategies, and schedules, coordinates and monitors the maintenance of all plant equipment
- tests materials as part of mineral and metal processing and refining, or for research into metals, ceramics, polymers and other materials in support of metallurgists and materials engineers
- oversees the safety of mining operations and supervises miners
- Maintenance Planner
- Metallurgical or Materials Technician
- Mine Deputy
- Building and Engineering Technicians