ICT Support Technicians provide support for the deployment and maintenance of computer infrastructure and web technology and the diagnosis and resolution of technical problems. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining software and hardware requirements to provide solutions to problems
- responding to inquiries about software and hardware problems
- adapting existing programs to meet users' requirements
- installing and downloading appropriate software
- ensuring efficient use of applications and equipment
- implementing computer networks
- designing and maintaining web sites
- repairing and replacing peripheral equipment such as terminals, printers and modems
- may work in a call centre
- Hardware Technician
- ICT Customer Support Officer
- Web Administrator
- ICT Support Technicians