Roof Tilers cover roofs with tiles, sheets and shingles to form a waterproof surface. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- studying drawings, specifications and work sites to determine materials required
- erecting ladders and scaffolds
- placing and securing waterproof sheets over eaves
- nailing and stapling roofing underlay to roofs
- aligning starter rows of roofing material with edges of roofs, securing with wire, staples and nails, and overlapping successive layers of tiles
- sizing and cutting roofing material to fit around vents, chimney edges, corners and ridges
- fixing edge and ridge tiles in cement mortar
- slipping roofing material under pre-fabricated flashing and nailing it down
- caulking and flashing exposed nail heads to prevent leaks