Clothing Trades Workers prepare and cut garment patterns and fabric, and make and repair garments. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- conferring with customers to determine material, styles and designs of garments
- interpreting designs, sketches and samples to determine pattern specifications
- cutting out master patterns
- laying up and cutting fabric
- pinning, basting and draping garment parts
- sewing garments
- fitting basted garments on customers and marking areas requiring alteration
- sewing buttonholes, and sewing on buttons, hooks, eyes and press fasteners to finish garments
- pressing and finishing work
- Apparel Cutter
- Clothing Patternmaker
- Dressmaker or Tailor
- Clothing Trades Workers