This unit group covers Technicians and Trades Workers not elsewhere classified. It includes Divers, Interior Decorators, Optical Dispensers - Dispensing Opticians, Optical Mechanics, Photographer's Assistants, Plastics Technicians and Wool Classers. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- swims underwater to undertake tasks such as seafood gathering, research, salvage and construction
- plans the interior design of commercial or residential premises and arranges for decorating work to be done
- interprets optical prescriptions, and fits and services optical appliances such as spectacle frames and lenses
- operates machines to grind, polish and surface optical lenses to meet prescription requirements, and fits lenses to spectacle frames
- assists photographers in taking and developing photographs
- sets up, adjusts, repairs and troubleshoots machines which manufacture plastics products
- classifies wool to industry standards or market requirements
- Interior Decorator
- Optical Dispenser
- Optical Mechanic
- Photographer's Assistant
- Plastics Technician
- Wool Classer
- Technicians and Trades Workers