Dental Hygienists, Technicians and Therapists provide supportive dental services in preventative and restorative dental procedures, and construct and repair dental appliances. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- providing educational programs to motivate children, parents and the community in matters relating to oral health
- providing fluoride therapy by applying remineralising solutions and desensitising agents
- removing deposits from teeth
- applying non-invasive fissure sealants to teeth
- taking impressions of the mouth
- taking dental radiographs
- administering local anaesthesia by infiltration and mandibular nerve block
- fabricating full and partial dentures
- constructing mouth guards, crowns, metal clasps, inlays, bridgework and other aids
- repairing and relining denture bases
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Prosthetist
- Dental Technician
- Dental Therapist