Enrolled and Mothercraft Nurses provide nursing care to patients in hospitals, aged care and other health care facilities and in the community, and assist parents in providing care to newborn infants under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Midwife. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- assessing, planning and implementing nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as administering medications, and monitoring responses to treatments and care plans
- assisting Registered Nurses and other team members to coordinate and evaluate care provided
- promoting and assisting in health education activities for the prevention of ill health
- bathing, feeding, changing and settling newborn infants
- providing advice and training on infant care to parents of newborn infants
- providing emotional support to parents of newborn infants
- Enrolled Nurse
- Mothercraft Nurse