Education Aides perform non-teaching duties to assist teaching staff in schools, provide care and supervision for children in preschools, and provide assistance to Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students and their teachers. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- demonstrating, supervising and participating in activities which enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children in schools and preschool centres
- preparing indoor and outdoor areas for learning and recreational activities
- assisting children with intellectual, physical and behavioural difficulties with their academic studies
- assisting children individually to learn social skills
- assisting with preparing teaching aids, and copying and collating written and printed material
- distributing and collecting lesson material
- providing assistance to small groups of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students
- providing home-school liaison and counselling for Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students and their families
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Educ'n Worker
- Integration Aide
- Preschool Aide
- Teachers' Aide