Hotel Service Managers supervise and coordinate the activities of hotel service workers. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining work requirements and allocating duties to Commercial Housekeepers, Luggage Porters and Doorpersons
- conferring with managers to coordinate activities with other organisational units
- maintaining attendance records and rosters
- explaining and enforcing safety regulations
- overseeing the work of the unit and suggesting improvements and changes
- conferring with workers to resolve grievances
- may perform front office and hotel reception duties