Beauty Therapists provide skin analyses, facial therapies, skin-care treatments and body treatments such as massage to clients. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- discussing client needs, analysing skin characteristics and advising on suitable skin care, treatments and application of make-up
- applying general cosmetic and corrective make-up
- performing manicures and pedicures including decorative nail art, application of artificial nails, nail repair, and other specialised hand and foot treatments
- performing facial and body treatments such as massages
- treating unwanted hair through waxing, bleaching, tinting, depilation and electrolysis
- evaluating beauty therapy processes and products
- receiving bookings, arranging appointments and maintaining client records
- providing advice on and selling cosmetic products