Gallery, Museum and Tour Guides direct and guide visitors in galleries and museums, and escort visitors on sightseeing, educational and other tours. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- meeting and greeting visitors
- controlling visitors' access to exhibits
- ensuring safety of collections
- maintaining attendance records
- planning and rearranging schedules and itineraries
- planning, organising and conducting tours
- arranging transportation and accommodation for visitors following planned itineraries
- arranging entry to places of interest
- answering questions, providing commentaries, issuing brochures and tour literature, showing audiovisual presentations, and explaining features and procedures at tour sites
- may assist with installing and dismantling exhibits
- Gallery or Museum Guide
- Tour Guide