Travel Attendants provide services for the safety and comfort of passengers in aircraft, ships and railway sleeping cars. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- managing safety and emergency procedures and making public announcements
- coordinating the sale of goods to passengers and completion of any customs and immigration documentation which may be required
- conducting safety checks and demonstrations of safety equipment and procedures
- assisting passengers in emergency drills, carrying out emergency procedures, assisting and directing passengers in emergencies
- checking passengers' tickets and directing them to seats and cabins
- tidying aircraft, ship and railway cabins, and receiving and stowing food, equipment and cabin baggage
- operating galleys, preparing and heating food for passengers, and serving refreshments and meals
- distributing reading material, pillows, blankets and other amenities for the comfort of passengers
- Flight Attendant
- Travel Attendants