Personal Assistants perform liaison, coordination and organisational tasks in support of Managers and Professionals. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- liaising with other staff on matters relating to the organisation's operations
- researching and preparing reports, briefing notes, memoranda, correspondence and other routine documents
- maintaining confidential files and documents
- attending meetings and acting as secretary as required
- maintaining appointment diaries and making travel arrangements
- processing incoming and outgoing mail, filing correspondence and maintaining records
- screening telephone calls and answering inquiries
- taking and transcribing dictation of letters and other documents
- may supervise other secretarial and clerical staff