Inquiry Clerks respond to personal, written and telephone enquiries and complaints about the organisation's goods and services, provide information and refer people to other sources. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- answering inquiries about goods and services, and providing information about their availability, location, price and related issues
- responding to inquiries about problems and providing advice, information and assistance
- recording information about inquiries and complaints
- referring complex inquiries to team leaders or expert advisers
- issuing relevant forms, information kits and brochures to interested parties
- accessing and operating computer network systems and communication systems such as public address and paging systems
- may refer inquiries to other sources