Credit and Loans Officers analyse, evaluate and process credit and loan applications. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- analysing information about customers and examining references, credit ratings, investment risks, pay slips and other information against predetermined policy standards
- contacting financial and credit institutions to obtain information about customers
- preparing papers setting out conditions of credit and loans, rates of repayment and loan periods, and providing information about customers' standing to financial and credit institutions
- authorising the approval of credit and loan applications and recommending credit and loan conditions and limits
- keeping records of payments, and preparing routine letters requesting payment for overdue accounts and forwarding these for legal action
- answering inquiries concerning credit standing of customers, loan balances and penalties
- may recommend, approve and arrange mortgages
- may work in a call centre