Betting Clerks take bets from customers at betting agencies, over the telephone and on course. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- taking bets and debiting credit accounts and bank accounts electronically, and receiving cash
- recording and entering bets electronically and in transaction ledgers
- issuing tickets and preparing summaries of transactions
- monitoring amounts of money placed on race entrants
- checking details and numbers on winning betting tickets against those in betting ledgers and electronic records, and paying out money on winning tickets
- verifying the identity and account balances of betting agency customers
- answering betting inquiries over the telephone, via email and in person
- may work in a call centre
- Betting Agency Counter Clerk
- Bookmaker's Clerk
- Telephone Betting Clerk
- Betting Clerks