Survey Interviewers interview people and record their responses to survey and market research questions on a range of topics. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- contacting people face-to-face and via the telephone to conduct surveys
- recording answers to survey questions manually and electronically
- recording the distribution of questionnaires
- collecting questionnaires and returning them to supervisors
- scanning questionnaires to ensure that important questions have been answered
- may interview people at random in crowds and on the street
- may provide self-completion questionnaires
- may encode responses and check their consistency
- may work in a call centre