Library Assistants issue, receive and shelve library items and maintain associated records. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- issuing library items to borrowers and recording identification data and due dates
- sorting and shelving returned items
- locating and retrieving items on request
- maintaining records and index systems
- receiving overdue items, issuing overdue notices, and receiving fines
- inspecting returned items for damage and making minor repairs
- assisting with the preparation of displays and promotional activities
- may prepare catalogued items for shelving