Auctioneers, and Stock and Station Agents sell property at auction, and advise and represent farmers in business transactions such as buying and selling livestock, rural property, and goods and services. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- appraising and listing property for auction
- organising advertising, catalogues and other publicity for auctions
- consulting vendors and setting reserve prices
- describing property presented and the conditions of sale
- asking for or setting opening bids and determining reserve prices
- accepting bids from potential buyers and closing sales to the highest bidders
- purchasing and selling livestock and rural property on behalf of clients
- selling agricultural supplies, such as seed, grains, feed, sprays, dips, drenches and veterinary products, in accordance with statutory requirements
- acting as an insurance agent for rural clients
- Stock and Station Agent