Pharmacy Sales Assistants sell pharmaceutical goods, toiletries and related goods in retail pharmacies. Pharmacy Technicians are excluded from this unit group. Pharmacy Technicians are included in Unit Group 3112 Medical Technicians. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- accepting prescriptions for filling by Retail Pharmacists
- determining customer requirements and advising customers on the selection, price and usage of non-prescription medicines
- advising customers on the correct application and storage of medicines
- selling goods such as non-prescription drugs, first aid supplies, toiletries and cosmetics
- accepting payment for goods and services by a variety of payment methods and preparing sales invoices
- promoting goods and services that are for sale
- assisting with the ongoing management of stock such as product inventories and participating in stocktakes
- stacking and displaying goods for sale, and wrapping and packing goods sold