Retail Supervisors supervise and coordinate the activities of retail sales workers. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- ensuring that customers receive prompt service and quality goods and services
- responding to customers' inquiries and complaints about goods and services
- planning and preparing work schedules and assigning staff to specific duties
- interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, dismissing and promoting staff, and resolving staff grievances
- instructing staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales procedures
- examining returned goods and deciding on appropriate action
- taking inventory of goods for sale and ordering new stock
- ensuring that goods and services are correctly priced and displayed
- ensuring safety and security procedures are enforced