Service Station Attendants sell fuel, lubricants and other automotive accessories, and perform minor maintenance on motor vehicles at service stations. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- filling fuel tanks and containers to level specified by customer
- checking and replenishing air pressure in vehicle tyres, and oil and other vehicle fluid levels
- washing vehicle windscreens and windows
- performing minor repair work to vehicles such as replacing tyres, light bulbs and windscreen wiper blades
- maintaining and operating automatic car wash facilities
- collecting payments from customers for purchases
- cleaning petrol pumps and surrounding driveway, shop and facilities
- undertaking stock control and preparing reports on fuel, oil, accessories and other items sold
- replenishing stock of fast foods, newspapers, magazines and grocery items
- Service Station Attendant