Models and Sales Demonstrators wear and display clothing and accessories and pose for art and photography, and demonstrate goods at commercial premises, exhibitions and private homes. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- modelling garments, footwear and fashion accessories for customers, sales personnel and fashion designers
- posing for television, video and cinema commercials and for still photographs which appear in magazines, newspapers, catalogues and on billboards
- posing as subjects for paintings, sculptures and other types of art
- setting up displays and demonstrating goods to commercial customers and guests in private homes
- answering questions and offering advice on the use of goods
- selling goods or directing purchasers to sales counters
- undertaking merchandising of goods in retail outlets and ensuring there is adequate stock attractively presented for sale
- taking orders and making arrangements for payment, delivery and collection
- offering sample goods and distributing catalogues and other literature advertising goods for sale