Ticket Salespersons sell tickets and make reservations for services such as travel and admission to sporting and entertainment venues, and collect fares on transport vehicles. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- receiving customers' requests, accepting payments, collecting fares from passengers, and issuing tickets, receipts and change
- answering inquiries about charges, routes, schedules, reservations, coming attractions and fares
- checking service availability and times, and making reservations
- contacting customers to cancel or confirm reservations
- organising displays of service availability, times and other information
- collecting tickets and change from depot clerks
- signalling drivers to stop and proceed
- overseeing passengers' safety in emergency circumstances, and opening and closing vehicle doors
- assisting passengers to board and alight from vehicles and assisting passengers with baggage
- Ticket Seller
- Transport Conductor