Clay, Concrete, Glass & Stone Machine Operators operate machines to manufacture and finish a variety of clay, concrete, glassware and stone products by extruding, shaping, mixing, grinding, cutting and other processes. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- monitoring the flow of clay and other raw materials and products into machines, and adjusting valves and controls to specifications
- positioning clay and stone on machines to be cut and worked
- operating concrete mixing, stacking and splitting machines
- setting up and installing moulds and other machine fixtures
- setting up and operating glass-making machines to produce molten glass, and regulating temperature of molten glass
- pressing and blowing glass into moulds to form glassware products
- collecting and examining samples for conformity to specifications and adjusting machine settings accordingly
- setting grinding and cutting edges
- using hand tools to cut, inscribe and polish roughly hewn stone to finished condition
- Clay Products Machine Operator
- Concrete Products Machine Operator
- Glass Production Machine Operator
- Stone Processing Machine Operator
- Clay-Concrete-Glass-Stone Machine Operators