Photographic Developers and Printers edit and adjust digital images, develop photographic film, and print photographic images from digital media, negatives and positives using computer software, fully automatic equipment and by separate processes. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- cropping images and adjusting colour, brightness and contrast
- preparing exposed film for different processing batches in dark rooms and dark chambers
- adjusting settings and running automatic developing equipment
- inspecting prints and adjusting settings on print-making equipment to produce required number, size and type of prints
- scanning images onto electronic media
- checking and replenishing chemicals and water supply for chemical and water baths required to produce negative and positive prints
- monitoring and testing photographic processing and printing equipment, and maintaining operational standards
- may prepare chemical solutions for different techniques and effects
- may develop black and white images by separate processes and operate enlargers
- may develop motion picture film
- Photographic Developer and Printer