Engineering Production Systems Workers perform a range of production process tasks to refine and treat metals and mineral ore, fire ceramics, and operate plant to produce and finish metal products such as rods, tubing and structural shapes, and moulds for casting. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- interpreting engineering production drawings
- setting up, operating and adjusting production plant to shape metal stock and castings and cut sheet metal
- operating welding and electroplating plant
- operating furnaces and quenching plant to smelt and change the structure of metals
- using kilns and ovens to fire ceramics
- processing mineral ore and operating metal rolling plant
- casting molten metal and operating plant to draw metal wire through dies
- operating computer-controlled production plant
- Engineering Production Systems Worker