Agricultural, Forestry & Horticultural Operators operate agricultural, forestry and horticultural plant to clear and cultivate land, sow and harvest crops, and fell trees and move logs. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing and positioning plant for operation
- operating tractor-drawn and self-propelled plant to plough land and sow, fertilise, cultivate and harvest crops, and avoid damaging crops
- adjusting speed, height and depth of implements
- operating plant to hold, lift and cut trees
- operating attachments to lift, swing, release and sort trees and logs, and operating auxiliary plant such as chipping machines and log splitting machines
- feeding felled trees into processors to strip limbs and cut into logs and loading logs onto stockpiles and into trucks
- keeping log tallies and writing work reports
- servicing plant and performing minor repairs
- Agricultural & Horticultural Mobile Plant Operator
- Logging Plant Operator