Forklift Drivers operate forklifts to move bulk materials, containers, crates, palletised goods, cartons and bales. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- operating controls to align forklifts and raise and lower forks to stack and unstack items in warehouses, factories, timber yards and shipping terminals
- operating forklifts which run on rails or use electronic guidance systems to control movements in narrow aisles
- transporting goods to designated areas in warehouses, factories, timber yards and shipping terminals
- ensuring goods are stored in correct areas so that they can be easily located when orders are made up
- monitoring equipment operation visually through gauges and instruments and through computerised monitoring equipment
- inspecting and controlling equipment to identify wear and damage
- servicing and performing minor repairs and adjustments to forklifts
- may operate specialised trucks to carry items beneath elevated frames