This unit group covers Mobile Plant Operators not elsewhere classified. It includes Aircraft Baggage Handlers and Airline Ground Crew, Linemarkers, Paving Plant Operators, Railway Track Plant Operators, Road Roller Operators and Streetsweeper Operators. The links below provide quick access to basic information for this occupation. Greater detail can be found using any of the page tabs above. A one page printable summary of the key statistics for this occupation can also be found under the Reports and Links tab above. Just click on the tab and follow the link for Occupational Bulletin.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- loads and unloads baggage, directs planes, positions staircases, fills aircraft fuel tanks and performs other aircraft ground services to ensure aircraft operations run efficiently
- operates plant to apply markings to roads and other surfaces such as car parks, airports and sportsgrounds
- operates plant to spread and level hot bituminous paving materials and lay concrete on areas such as highways, roads and car parks
- operates plant to lay, align, repair and maintain railway tracks
- operates a power-driven roller to prepare surfaces for roads, runways and car parks
- operates plant to clean streets and gutters of litter and debris
- Aircraft Baggage Handler and Airline Ground Crew
- Paving Plant Operator
- Railway Track Plant Operator
- Road Roller Operator
- Streetsweeper Operator
- Mobile Plant Operators